I'm currently chillin' in my favorite chair, going on hour 3 on this little macbook of mine. Yep, gotta love the sick days. :) On the plus side, I haven't given into Netflix yet (yet).
I was planning on going on some sick-girl rant and listing all the things I did to get my great ol' body back to health for today's post.. But that idea went to the drain when I was greeted with a pleasant surprise on Melissa's blog this morning!
I know probably all of the blog world has heard of this, but it's my second blogger award ever so hang in there.
It's the Liebster award!
Here's some of your background info:
1) This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2) The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3) Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4) Answer the Q's the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5) Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6) Go back to their page and tell them about the award
7) No tag backs
Alright onto the questions! Here's what Melissa put together:
1)What's one adjective that starts with the first letter of your name to describe yourself?
I'm going to go with aware. I'd like to think I'm pretty intuitive, and I'm always in-tune to the dynamics going on around me. Whether it's relationships between others or the reasoning behind someone's actions, I usually try to understand why others are doing what they're doing the way that they're doing it.
Future psych major? :)
2) What's your favorite clothing store and why?
I can always, always, always find something at Gap! I especially love Gap Body. I think because I hardly ever wear color, and they offer so many cute grey/white/black options.
3) Describe your perfect wedding.
Whoa, Melissa I'm only 17! Haha kidding..
Well if transportation wasn't an issue, it would be on a beach somewhere warm and beautiful. My friends and family would be there and it would be Pinterested like none other. ;)
Don't tell me you wouldn't get married here!
4) Who do you admire most and why?
Yikes, this is a tough one. Though I admire people like my grandma, parents, etc. I'm just going to break this down to qualities I admire in people. I admire people who seem to have mastered:
5) If you won the lottery what would you do?
I think I speak for everyone when I say that I would set aside enough to pay for my tuition. College loans? Blehhhh!! So not excited.
Then I would probably build a beautiful house somewhere warm.
And I would donate a substantial amount (you knew this was coming) to organizations/charities of my choice. :)
6) Favorite form of exercise?
Hmmm I really love just sweat-seshes in the gym. Whether it's a class, a run, the elliptical, strength training... This is a poor way to answer the question, but I love any exercise that brings me to the wonderful gym atmosphere -especially in the morning.
7) What is your favorite movie?
Hmmm.. I really don't have a favorite movie. I really liked the Hunger Games? I just have such a hard time sitting through movies!
8) Salty or sweet?
Sweet. All the way. No doubt about it.
|yeah I couldn't resist...|
|Just had to make you drool a bit..|
|sorry not sorryyyyy :)|
9) Who is your celebrity crush?
Okay, I'm going to be totally mushy with this one, and say Matt Damon. And not because of his looks or success or anything, but because (from what I've heard) he's actually a really nice guy. He volunteers his time to places like Zambia and Haiti to work on poverty and getting people clean water.
10) Would you rather have a metal pin in your jaw that constantly picks up talk radio stations or have everything you say sound like you are falling off a cliff, making your voice trail away?
Ugh, I hate "would you rathers" with a burning passion haha. I would go with the metal pin though. Bleh!
11) Where/how did you meet your best friend?
Another tricky question! Okay, so as I mentioned on my "about me" page, I've kind of jumped around friend groups in high school, which has been fine, but it doesn't leave a whole lotta room for a "BFF".
Don't hate me for this, but I'm going to give this title to Christopher, since he's been solid through it all haha.
Obviously we've grown up together, but we started really talking in study hall in 8th grade (that's a middle-school relationship for ya!). He "asked me out" over text message at the mature age of 13. Rock on Chris, rock on.
|that's us on the far right. yep, he had a fro.. cringe cringe cringe cringe|
Okayyyy, onto my nominations. I guarentee the majority of you have been nominated, but I'll throw some names out there anyway ;)
(I know they're not properly linked up and everything, but I'm a sick girl and my eyes are getting dry okay?)
Aaaand the questions:
1) What is your go-to breakfast?
2) Of all the classes you have taken so far, which has been your favorite?
3) Which season is your favorite and why?
4) If you had to pick one place in the world to live for the rest of your life, where would it be?
5) What is the best book you have ever read?
6) What is your current favorite workout (or non workout) jam?
7) If you could change your name, what would it be?
8) What is your favorite beverage (from anywhere!)?
9) You have a full day to yourself. What do you do?
10) Pick one: shopping or mani/pedi
11) Favorite cookie?
Feel free to answer any of the questions above, or the questions that I answered myself!! Have a fabulous Thursday everyone! We're almost there! :)
Think about it: "While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart." -St. Francis of Assisi